The UCCS Excel Communication Center is excited to continue serving the UCCS community this Fall semester in-person and virtually. From Monday through Friday, August 22nd through December 17th. You can schedule your in-person and virtual appointments with a skilled peer tutor using our 24/7 online scheduler. Please make note of our new fall semester hours: Monday-Thursday 9am-6pm and Friday 9am-2pm.
Students - to schedule your virtual tutoring appointments, click the "Comm Center Scheduler" button below.
Faculty, staff, clubs/organizations - to schedule your free outreach workshops for the fall semester, click on the "Services and Resources" tab above.
Our amazing peer tutors will continue to provide UCCS students with the same professional, student-centered academic support you expect from the only university level peer tutor training program in Colorado certified by the National Association of Communication Centers (NACC).
If you have questions, need help scheduling, or have technical issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at (719) 255-4770. We are always here to help!
- Virtual Outlining Assistance
- Virtual Visual Aid Assistance
- Virtual Individual Presentation Practice less than 15-minutes
- Virtual Interpersonal Communication Facilitation
- Virtual Post-Presentation Viewing
COMM 2100 (Public Speaking) students:
Your Course Director requires at least 2 hours between the ending of your outlining assistance appointment and the beginning of your presentation practice appointment. If you have questions about this requirement, please contact your instructor, as incorrectly scheduled appointments will be cancelled when discovered.
Note: 60-minute appointments scheduled for 30-minutes will be cancelled
- Virtual Individual Presentation Practice more than 15-minutes
- Virtual Group Presentation Practice (regardless of length)
- Virtual Group Project Facilitation (regardless of length)
- Virtual Mock Interviews
- Media Interview Practice (Not Available for Virtual)
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Excel Communication Center
Making Good Students Great